May 12th, 2020: Health4theWorld welcomes a panel of global experts from the field of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, who discuss the essential role of Palliative Care in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Experts discuss the impact of the pandemic on resource-limited settings globally, and how health systems and public health organizations can be better prepared to care for the most vulnerable. Experts share insights on key areas to improve access to global palliative care, including access to essential medications, professional education, policy, and practice implications. Colleagues from the audience are invited to share “stories from the field”, regarding struggles and wins in providing equitable access to palliative care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are the panelists:
1. Dr. James Cleary, Director of Supportive Oncology, IU Simon Comprehensive Cancer Center
2. Dr. Stephen R. Connor, Executive Director, Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance
3. Liliana De Lima, MHA, Executive Director, International Association of Hospice and Palliative Care
4. Dr. M. R. Rajagopal, Chairman, Pallium India, and Director, WHO Collaborating Centre for Training and Policy on Access to Pain Relief at the Trivandrum Institute of Palliative Sciences
1. Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance: https://www.
2. International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC): http://
3. Walther Center for Global Palliative Care: https://painpolicy.iu.
4. Pallium India online course for COVID-treating doctors using the ECHO platform: 6 sessions – 75 minutes per day: https://palliumindia.org/
5. Pallium India E-book – free access: https://palliumindia.
org/cms/wp-content/uploads/ 2020/04/e-book-Palliative- Care-Guidelines-for-COVID19- ver2.pdf
6. Palliative Medicine Education Center at Health4theWorld Academy: health4theworld.org/
No Reviews found for this course.
3 STUDENTS ENROLLED